- Rated 5 stars
- Hitachi DV18DBL
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- FeaturesEditor: 100%
- FunctionalityEditor: 100%
- Ease of UseEditor: 100%
- Value for MoneyEditor: 100%
Description: Affiliate Disclaimer
The Hitachi DV18DBL 18-Volt 3.0-Ah Cordless Brush less Lithium-Ion Hammer Drill is the second in a series of revolutionary brush less Lithium-Ion cordless tools. This next-generation technology manages the tool’s motor through use of a microprocessor, resulting in ultimate efficiency. Not only does this technology remove the hassle and downtime of having to replace brushes, but it also prevents the traditional wear on the trigger switch and the armature, creating an extremely durable hammer drill that is essentially maintenance-free. Powered by a 3.0-Ah Lithium-Ion slide-type battery for fade free power and 3x the total battery life of traditional batteries, this hammer drill provides professional grade power with just shy of 660-pounds of turning torque, 27,000-BPM and up to 1,800-RPM.
4-way Electric Speed Toggle
The 4-way electric speed toggle and 2-way speed switch allows for 8 different speed and power calibrations that provides the ability to finely set the hammer drill depending on the application.
The Hitachi DV18DBL has a ratcheting 1/2-Inch keyless all metal chuck for quick and simple bit replacements with secure holding power and the 22 stage keyless clutch delivers 22 torque settings and a drill mode for ultimate precision and control.
Features and Specifications
- Brushless motor technology for greatly increased run time and tool durability
- Professional grade power with just shy of 660-pounds of turning torque, 27,000-BPM and up to 1,800-RPM
- 4-way electric speed toggle and 2-way speed switch allows for (8) different speed and power calibrations
- Features a metal belt hook, digital control panel with LED light, battery indicator and impact control; includes (2) batteries a charger and more
- Comes with a lifetime tool warranty, 2-year battery warranty and a 1-year charger warranty
- Covered by Hitachi’s Lifetime Lithium Ion tool warranty & 2-Year Lithium Ion battery warranty
Customer Scores and Reviews
Recognized as one of the most trustworthy machines fromHitachi, the DV18DBL enjoys a feedback score of 4.8 out of 5 at the Amazon store, with effect to the reviews provided by an aggregate of 11 Amazon Verified customers (including Vine Customers). This is quite good a score and the feedback itself speak in eulogy of the product.
However, while assessing the customer reviews at Amazon, we happened to come across a few negative aspects about this product. Issues relating to slipped chucks and broken clutches have been brought up by a number of customers. However, the Hitachi DV18DBL easily overshadows these snags with the plethora of superior features it has to offer. Moreover, following the instructions manual to the letter or watching the video tutorials have helped customers address their issues and hence this machine cannot be regarded as a problem piece, at all.
The final verdict is quite apparent from the review. We loved this machine and expect potential customers to cherish similar emotions about the machine, too. At $250, we find this machine a bit pricey but quite useful product.